- We, owners, managers and employees, are committed to operate Villa Afrikana Guest Suites and T H E B L O E M Guest Suites in an environmentally and socially responsible manner and instil environmental and social responsibilities as company values.
- We are committed to comply with all applicable local environmental by-laws and regulations.
- We recognize that reducing the environmental impact of our operations and services is an important part of the value we deliver to our guests.
- We strive to achieve environmental excellence and work with our employees, guests, partners and suppliers to meet our environmental efforts.
- We actively promote environmental awareness and its advantages in all our guest's and service spaces as well implement it in our policies and operational practices.
- Municipal main water consumption is supplemented by rain water collection and storage and greatly reduced by the fitting of dual flush toilet tanks, low flow shower heads and the planting of water-wise indigenous plants and scrubs in our garden.
- Electricity consumption and its high carbon footprint is reduced by: the installation of LED lighting all throughout, energy-star approved appliances and electronics as well as ceiling fans for cooling instead of air conditioning.
- In house chemical pollution is limited by: using only biodegradable washing, cleaning and guest amenities products, sourcing out our bulk laundry to a reputable and certified operator, using a salt water chlorinator to keep our pool constantly safe and crystal clear.
- Waste products are sorted at the source and made ready for recycling at collection.